For Valentine’s day this year I made pleather key chain tags for my friends and family. I’ve always had a mini obsession with keychains (I even had some made for my wedding save the dates here! ) because it’s a small but fun way to express something about you or your interests. It can be from a city you visited or a sports team you root for- basically YOUR CHOICE OF KEYCHAIN IS VERY IMPORTANT AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED!!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Faux leather craft sheets ($15.99 on Amazon here!)
2. Embroidery floss ($6.99 on Amazon)
3. Key chain rings (pack of 100 for $5.99)
4. Rubber alphabet stamps
5. Index cards
WHAT TO DO
- Cut strips of craft faux leather. I made my strips approx. 2 inches in length and .5 inches in width.
- Sew the sides of the strips with embroidery floss to create a border. This part is fun because you can mix and match different colors to personalize each design. For instance, I made one of the keychains with Warriors colors for my friend who is a sports journalist and a huge Warriors fan =)
- Fold the strip over a keychain ring and sew it closed near the top so that the flaps at the bottom remain open.
- Come up with a cute key-themed pun! I chose “You hold the keys to my heart”.
- Design your valentine card! I drew simple skeleton keys onto index cards, sewed the keychains onto them and used rubber stamps to spell out my valentine message.